View Single Post
      10-27-2021, 12:59 PM   #30
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

I took a look at their website...
I think that intercooler piping wont fit... that long piping towards the intake manifold...

Downpipes i think you need to cut the flanges off on the exhaust side, rotate them 90 degrees and weld back. Otherwise they would not mate up. Ive seen people do that on forums with china downpipes.

Also noticed that downpipes were 2.5inch not 3 inch like i have usually seen them to be... Vrsf e89 specific downpipes are 3inch for example.
And if you are going to return the intercooler then look for a stepped style intercooler for more cooling surface area.
I think years ago non stepped thick intercooler like you just got were a thing but now all the popular intercoolers have a stepped core design..

And dont go too big with the intercooler size if you are going for stage 2+ only.
5.5 inch is enough for that. Everything beyond that is pretty much for upgraded turbos and so on...
I would suggest csf if using stock piping and bmw connections... easy to install... no silicon hoses... only thing changed is the intercooler.
Or vrsf e89 kits like 5 inch (they have a few options) and wagner kits evo1 and 2 but they are pricy... evo 2 is 6 inch though...
I was looking at wagner because it wasnt totally huge like 7.5 inch monsters but was a bit bigger than 5 or 5.5 inch models... Happy medium you could call it. If i happened to upgrade turbos down the line(if/when they happened to fail) then it would be able to deal and keep up with that and i wouldnt have to replace it right away like i probably would with 5 inch intercoolers. Plus i liked the tube/fin lighter construction. And its located in EU so no import tax like when i get anything from the states. Ordering vrsf from the states with import tax and shipping totals almost the same as ordering Wagner from within EU with just a small shipping fee added to it.
CSF was option nr 2 for me, but i really wanted to eliminate bmw quickconnects.