KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduncan219 View Post
Hello guys
I was hoping someone could help me determine if aftermarket Downpipes and FMIC from an E90 will fit the E89.
thanks
FMIC-s should fit. At least the ones that use stock piping or fit onto stock piping with hoses. Intercoolers with oem quickconnect fit fine. Like CSF fmic.
If the kit contains piping then piping is different on e89 vs e90. ​
Kits like Wagner Evo 2 that comes with piping from intercooler to the chargepipe needs to be e89 specific.

If i someday get to installing one its probably going to be wagner evo 2.. Was close to pulling the trigger this summer but then they went out of stock and price went up considerably... And then when i was waiting for it to come back in stock with reasonable price other ​things came up and so put that plan on hold... maybe next summer...

E90 downpipes dont fit e89. They can be made to fit by cutting and welding i guess but it would be simpler to get e89 specific pipes...
Vrsf is probably best bet to get some.

Cheap China downpipes also often need some modifications to fit even if they are sold as for e89.

Last edited by KennyP; 10-27-2021 at 06:55 AM..
Appreciate 0