BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
JFC. Burn. It.All. Down.

I am beyond tired of the "inflation" aka corporate greed record profits....
I mean, corporations should have record profits with inflation... That's how math works...

I'm more convinced that the OPE companies see moves made in crazy land California and other blue states to ban small motors as an existential threat, and so they're throwing everything they have at battery equipment. It's also a convenient way to get add on sales, because unlike gas equipment, you get locked into a battery platform. And when your battery fails to charge as much in a few years, you're gonna buy another battery vs starting over with all new equipment, whereas with a gas equivalent you could replace that one piece.

So it only makes business sense for them to try to make the battery stuff the price winner up front. And since it's a whole lot easier to swap a battery mid mow than mid road trip, it's a lot easier to make it work for more consumers than EVs.

I'm convinced this is the playbook for EVs though. They will raise the prices on ICE vehicles to offset EV losses until the EVs are cheaper, and then people will start buying the EVs. It's already happening with f150 and lightning. They threw $15k on the hood and made them cheaper than a gas f150, sales of it spiked. The auto industry will price ICE vehicles out of competition, and we will be forced into EVs. Toyota might screw it up for them by going big on hybrids, but if the EPA keeps at its nonsense they'll just make it impossible to not sell EVs only.
Appreciate 0