Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRAPOVICOWNS View Post
Just hope it'll look like a car. Don't know why bmw thinks that EVs need to look weird. And the "i" brand is a joke.
I was in the same camp as you up until a few years ago until I realized something: The EV is the playground for innovative design that is off limits on traditional ICE cars. Let me explain:

Polarizing design has the potential to hurt sales. In such a competitive market where the top selling sedans and SAV/SUVs aren't renowned for their aesthetic sheetmetal, car manufacturers are not too keen on straying too far from traditional design language. In general EV owners and buyers are more open to radical design changes by their nature. Thus design elements deemed too risky for mainstream ICE vehicles have more room to breathe in the EV market. The i8 is one design success story that exemplifies this: a NEW car not weighed down by tradition that can be radical in both design and execution. And it works: even now it's one of the most forward thinking designed cars on the road, despite its shortcomings as an actual supercar hybrid. Design wise it's a complete victory. Try a radical new design on a 911, and the streets would riot.

So you can look at this from another perspective: if you like the traditional look of the automobile, be glad that car manufacturers have kept their more radical design elements to the EVs and have left the other cars alone.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 7
jwong77320.50
Nahlem1144.00
JTO245274.50