09-17-2015, 12:31 PM   #154
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
Yes, the NFL lied, manipulated results and leak media detail to slander Tommy and the pasties. you want him to act a certain way but we as mortal citizens will never understand and grasp what he went through. ... Its easy to Monday morning this debacle but I am glad it worked out for the best maybe down the road there will be a tell all but I stand and believe tom
Well, you're right about that. I absolutely did and do. I wanted Mr. Brady to behave ethically and just produce the information requested at the earliest possible instance. He didn't and that resulted in creating the appearance of impropriety. That appearance doesn't in any way correspond to what I consider to be the "highest ethical standards," which is what Mr. Brady signed an agreement to uphold, and it's certainly not the best standard of conduct to portray to millions of fans who view Mr. Brady as a role model.

The fact is that Mr. Brady could have removed himself from the entire controversy well before the Wells commission began any investigation. The Wells people may have had to investigate other Patriots' personnel, but as the whole element of controversy surrounding Mr. Brady had to do with whether he was aware of or perhaps conspired in the deflation rather than whether he performed it, a small bit of disclosure would have all but eliminated the absolutely silly public controversy it created and that was focused almost exclusively on Mr. Brady.

I don't know about you, and I suspect the events you mentioned re: yourself and your wife took place in a far more private way than did the circumstances of Deflategate, but were my reputation called into question I would move with all deliberate haste and without prodding to show that whatever may appear to be so isn't and that my integrity is beyond reproach. I would do that as the private citizen I am and I'd move even more preemptively to do so were the controversy happening in the public arena. What would I possibly and positively gain by playing "hold out" as Mr. Brady did? That tack fosters controversy and doubt rather than eliminating or minimizing them.

I'm sure there are complications inextricably linked to one's being a very public figure and living to the standard I have outlined, but then with high positions like Mr. Brady's come high expectations and obligations. As far as I'm concerned, Mr. Brady didn't embrace them. He surely is economically worth the millions he earns as a player. As a gentleman of high ethical character, he's got some development needs.

Lastly, so-so ethical character is something we see in many of our role models and leaders, so Mr. Brady's intransigence wasn't surprising. It was just disappointing to see, just as, say, MLK or JFK's ethical transgressions were saddening. I expected better of all three of them.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed

Last edited by tony20009; 09-22-2015 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: typo: put "is something" in place of "isn't something" in the 1st sentence of the final paragraph
Appreciate 1