05-21-2022, 03:24 AM   #123
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I wonder if Mercedes (and the other teams) will be slowly solving the porpoising problem or if it'll be a sudden change, that they suddenly understand how to solve it.
In the end I think all the teams will solve it, it's more a question of when.

And I'm eager to see if that aston martin RB copy also now will behave like the RB car.
That RB aero guy started at Aston martin in april, so 1,5 months to completely redesign that car and build the parts.

qualifying will be interesting today.
It probably on a per car basis, some cars are easy to solve, some might not be. But probably porposing will all be solved at some point, it might be late into next season for some teams with lesser resources.

But in terms of progression it'll likely be slow, correlation is never perfect and there will always be small hiccups that need to be ironed out. Even redbull on occasion bounces, and the w13 with extensive research on porpoising bounces very slightly too. So there's always a chance it might never 100% go away.

If you watch Kyle's video on it there are so many aero and mechanical factors to it, so there could always be a potential for it to be triggered - say a heavy bump causing hysteresis
between the suspension and aero parts.