Thread: Top issues
View Single Post
      08-13-2019, 10:59 AM   #79
bryanhoag
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Z4 sDrive 35i 6MT

Salmon relays were replaced around June 10, 2019.

Reproduced the issue today and checked for fault codes... basic OBD reader did not show any codes. Tried Carly but could not get it to connect correctly. I've always had a heck of a time getting Carly to connect well and have tried multiple iOS devices. Anyone recommend any alternatives to Carly mainly for diagnostic purposes?

When I reproduced the issue today I was sitting in the car using the center console buttons. Had a bit of a panic because the roof remained in the stacked position with the trunk open and would not go in either direction using the center console buttons. I got out and was able to close and then re-open the roof with the fob (weird?).

Your list as well as this entire thread and others is why I want someone to just completely overhaul the system... fix, replace, refurbish everything... rather than fix things as they break. I'd like to have like 5 years where I can use the top without much concern.

I wish they had just stuck with a soft top... or wish someone out there had a soft top retrofit. Had zero issues with the old Z3 and Z3 era M Roadster.

Oh well!
Appreciate 1
RobbiZ4127.50