View Single Post
      09-30-2019, 12:41 AM   #248
Zed4USA
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW Z4 sDrive28i

The knock-off iDrive controller looks pretty, but works crap. I never use it.

Mostly the wireless CarPlay works well. Just make sure to install the software linked on the product box. And then make sure to update the app and box within the app's setup options. You do need to do DavesZed's android music app up and down on the steering wheel and then return to main screen, then load the CarPlay app workaround - in order to be able to "next track / previous track" with the steering wheel. The music playback jitters very slightly every minute or so. I think this is a problem for many CarPlay setups though. Overall, very pleased. It is great to not to have to take my phone out of my pocket, yet still get apple CarPlay on the nav.

*** Just don't try to use wireless charging in an enclosed space (arm rest / glove box). Your phone will overheat and glitch hardcore. Wired charging (arm rest / glove box) works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake View Post
A couple of questions:

@DavesZed
Did you have any chance to compare the knock-off iDrive controller vs. the real thing? I presume the OEM part will feel higher quality operating but it's not particularly great either, so I'm curious how they compare?

@Zed4USA
Do you have any issues with the autoconnect on wireless Carplay with the dongle you linked earlier? https://m.aliexpress.com/item/330191...g1564643398174
Appreciate 0