View Single Post
      10-01-2019, 05:17 PM   #6
KennyP
Lieutenant
Estonia
Rep
Drives: 2009 Havana E89 Z4 Sdrive35i

Ok, finally took time to play around with my V3 settings.
My problem was that it was a bit too bouncy. Especially the front is what makes it uncomfortable and even bit wierd. I could understand being a bit bouncy on ruff city streets but it even felt bouncy on a highway. Once i was going 150km/h and that front bounce made the car steer badly over ruffer spots. it felt like front would bounce, lose some traction and then land. Had to correct it with steering inputs. Really wierd behavior.

So what i did:

Left all the rebound settings stock: 9 clicks from stiffest both front and rear.
(turn all the way to + side and from there 9 clicks towards -)

Now bump/ compression:
Front compression: 7 clicks from stiffest ( stock is 5 clicks)

Made front absorb ruffer stuff a lot better and just ride over them. Not judder or bounce anymore. Steering maybe is a bit more numb than before but its fine.

Rear compression: 4 clicks from stiffest ( stock is 6 clicks)

This makes rear a bit stiffer but not uncomfortable. Rear feels more planted and communicative. It actually did not make the ride more uncomfortable.

Why I tried these settings? Googled around a bit on other Bmw forums and found this thread on e46 M3 KW V3 settings. Last post is where the important information is located!

Link:http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/archi...BOAl9cWu568HMM

Did a 2 hour long midnight testdrive and it felt alot better than before.
Also going to mention that my ride height is set 5mm higher in the rear than in the front. Before fitting V3 my stock ride height had the same difference.

If i change my settings further i will post an update. Maybe will play around with rebound a bit. Cant get my hand to the rear wheelwell to adjust rear rebound without jacking up the car. Thats one reason why i did not try to play around with rebound this time.

Last edited by KennyP; 10-01-2019 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0