Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
I got pulled late 80's on a bridge over 495 doing that, and it was police coming the other way, and he turned around me and pulled me. I asked him what I did, and he said flashed my beams. I laughed....he wasn't amused so I told him I hit them by accident.

He let me go.
It has been found legal, as a 1A right of communication, sort of like using your horn.
But then, somehow, Virginia won't let you use radar detectors.
Using your horn has rules, just like using your brights. By law, I can cite you for using your horn for anything other than emergency purposes (...27001 CVC). Obviously it's something that an officer rarely does, BUT......they can. I have used it before as reason to stop a car whose driver I wanted to check out. I've also used 22517 CVC (...vehicle door impeding the roadway) to check out a gangster parked in front of a gangster pad. The law states that you can only have the driver/passenger side door(s) open long enough to ingress/egress the vehicle if that open door impedes the roadway for other vehicles. Knowing the vehicle code provides a myriad of reasons to conduct investigatory stops.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314116.00
vreihen1615435.50