Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky dj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sight22 View Post
I think the most ironic thing about this thread is people arguing over what the actual brand is saying their own cars are classified as.

(Real)M car owner: Hey BMW, the M340 I is a fake M car!
BMW: Uh no, it's an M car now because we make the car and we say it is. Why do you say it isn't?
(Real)M car owner: Because F$#% You!
(FakeM)340i owner: I just got the car because I liked it, not because it has an M.
Well said and spot on. It's not a cost issue as it was in the past because all the M340i's I see are stickered at the dealership are at $70k+, if it's a personal preference to getting a G versus a F M3 then more power to you. The B58 is awesome and a lot shop heads and engineers prefer it to S55. The real problem with this thread is the /// guys getting offended what the manufacturer doing what it wants to do with THEIR monikers. Time to move on to Porsche 👋🏼

Perhaps M division should just split like Genesis did with Hyundai. Just have it be a Motorsport M4 / M5 / M8 etc.
I liked it better when you were actually considering being done with this thread and gave us a peace out.

In reality, as an M owner, I don't give a faaaawwwwk what BMW or anyone else labels the X3m340imperformance etc or anything else like it. I prefer the driving experience an M car delivers. Now, I haven't driven the M340i so can't comment on how it drives but I have drove the X3M40i and it's quite impressive. A colleague of mine just purchased a 2020 and it's quite the machine. But, it's not comparable in many ways to the X3MComp I drove. Doesn't make it shit, it's just not the same. So whatever that means to anyone, I don't care.

I also don't care about anyone's history with the BMW brand, how many driving schools you been to or how small your penis is that your compensating for. I drove the cars I drive for me and that's really all anyone needs to worry about. Stop justifying why you bought an M340i and why you THINK it's so great. You like it and that's why you bought it. Enjoy it. It's quite simple
Hahahahaha the funny thing is I don't own an M340i! And actually considering an S55 soon and moding the shit out of it or an X5 depending on circumstances.

I'm just having an unbiased opinion and defending the brand when all the hard on's who don't know anything about the science of the cars emphatically state why it's not something without ever driving and experiencing the car itself. A few of us are providing the science and data behind the car such as a locking differential, and the /// folks are are arguing it doesn't have the essence.

So it's going to be an endless argument of why it should be considered an M and why it shouldn't be, and a few of us like myself of "who cares? It's a BMW ✊🏼". But you know what none of our opinions actually matter, it's the people that make these cars and that's BMW GmbH.
Problem with your "science" is that you can't throw parts at a car and expect to the drive the same, deliver the same feel or be even close to the same overall experience. And again, this is coming from someone who doesn't care what anyone refers to these new cars as.

There is something to be said about the driving dynamics M cars deliver. Every car analyst out there would agree, cause they've all said it. That doesn't take away from the type of car these M340i M550 etc are. I almost bought an M550. Excellent car, but no M.