View Single Post
      01-18-2020, 07:58 AM   #542
Tazmn Jr
William Wilson
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3 Dct mineral white

Yep I guess I'm a M guy. I am on my 5th BMW and 2nd M car. I have been a M guy not necessarily a BMW guy since I saw my first red E30 M3 as a kid in high school and always dreamt of owning a M3 from that day forward. The M car made me a BMW guy not vise versa.

Thankfully I have been able to achieve those goals of M ownership along with driving non M cars in between.

The letter M is there as a designation of BMW's motorsport division and should never be watered down just because a car has a few add on pieces without the full internals and development of M engineers.

Is BMW telling M owners that an M car is no longer their best and everything that comes out of BMW deserves the same designation M and no longer differentiate?

The M was meant to be special as M cars are but can no longer be special because M is used to freely.

I see the comments an M340xi is faster than a current f80 M3 in a straight line but do those that make those statements realize that Awd makes that statement possible. Something the new generation M3 will obliterate with a more improved Awd system.

No matter how hard I try to stay with the brand, BMW is slowly pushing me away to something more special. Maybe it's time to move on. Let's see if M can make things right with the next generation and the nomenclature. If not I hear Porsche calling my name.
Appreciate 2
bm4w145.50
mikerx5461.00