02-28-2019, 04:24 PM   #138
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Gave up leg workouts for bulk over 10 years ago due to this. It's bad enough all my suits need to be custom due to size, the legs rubbing together constantly thing is unbelievably irritating.

This was a major part of my dropping from 275 when I was in my early 30s, to 245 where I've been for around 9-10 years now. I'm certainly overdeveloped top compared to bottom now, but I ain't going for any trophies so who cares.
Same here....when I first started lifting, I boxed so I trained only legs for over a year straight. I didn't want to do anything to reduce flexibility of my upper body and shoulders so I could keep covered up.

But my legs happened to be my best body part, so I was bottom heavy forever before my upper body caught up. Now I have to only hit them hard about every 8-10 days as if I train them more frequently, they start over shadowing my upper body.

Any other leg training I do through the week is flexibility work and just moving some blood around.

I still have issues with pants that fit. Waist is about 30"....but I have to wear a 34-36" waist in a relaxed style jean to fit my legs comfortably and have good mobility.
Appreciate 1
NickyC17424.00