View Single Post
      03-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #29
CarBahn Autoworks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lots of BMWs coming and going

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Glad to see Steve finally come full circle with his endeavors.

No, Carbahn Autoworks will not be another Dinan Engineering. Dinan Engineering is moving to Georgia, if you all have not been keeping up with the news and will continue to design and produce aftermarket products for your cars. Carbahn Autoworks is now concentrating more on the complete build projects on a case by case basis as well as every day servicing and maintenance needs for your German cars. As I have heard, Carbahn is now also doing other makes and models for some serious project building to include Mercedes AMG and Audi S/RS models, and not just BMW.

My car was one of the first to receive Carbahn's new motor building services, at least for a streetable F10 M5. You can read all about my project here and the short history of how I came to work with Carbahn:

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1461413

I went with Steve's new company because I knew he was the best and also he was one of the only people in the world that knows how to build real race engines.

So far I have already put over 4,000 miles on my new Carbahn motor and it has been 100% trouble free and quite amazing. There are a lot of small shops, one man operations, and experts out there that can also build motors, and many of them are great, but Carbahn with Steve Dinan's history and expertise behind it, offer products and services that are not only unique in what they do and how they do it, but also innovative in ways that I have not found anywhere else.

I am glad that Carbahn is now a part of this community here on Bimmerpost, and I can testify that what they do is exemplary. I for one am one extremely happy customer of their product and I can't say enough about the quality and exciting nature of their work.
Thanks for the support and clarification. You are exactly right that we are focusing on the build process and general service as well as expansion into other European makes. We still have a great relationship with Dinan and we sell and install Dinan parts all the time at the CarBahn facilities. Where Dinan is a parts manufacturer and distributor, CarBahn is more of a tuning resource for all makes and models and can focus on specialty builds. Different goals, same Steve Dinan quality of service and engineering. Dinan actually will be in Alabama, on the same campus as APR. We can't wait to see their new digs.
Appreciate 0