04-18-2020, 04:11 PM   #97
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf6cyl View Post
The GTS is great all around and boy did it hold value. Plus I get Porsches at 9-10% off so it usually costs me little to own.
Options: sports Chrono, and leather interior are the only things I think you need. Other than that it has all the sport and performance options you'd want, has nav, etc.

If you want I can put you in contact with my guys. I may be buying a 992 from them soon.

Thanks for the offer, but luckily for me, my father in law has been friends with the GM of my local Porsche dealer for years, and has purchased over 20 Porsche's from them over the years, half of which were likely custom built, and he will likely be getting a GT4 too, so I should be set for a good deal when the virus settles and my lease comes to an end.

I've only driven the current "S" trim, but it was very impressive, so the GTS can only be better, and I think its just right for me, as its also replacing my old 05' X3 which my son is taking to Florida for college (hopefully that will happen), and the Macan's interior space is pretty similar in size while still being able to fit my Sheltie in the trunk - he's one of the reasons I needed an SUV/Wagon (that and home depot/Lowes' runs), he will throw up in the backseat of any car, but strangely not in the trunk of an SUV.

Here's my current build, may do an all black exterior, but I like the contrast of the white. I would love to do Mamba Green but that may be a bit too extreme
-Full Leather Interior
-Premium Package Plus
-Sport Chrono
-Surround View
-Lane Change Assist
-Steering Wheel Heating

Name:  Macan 1.jpg
Views: 1238
Size:  333.2 KB
Name:  Macan 2.jpg
Views: 1250
Size:  312.8 KB

I was thinking about an X3 M40i for a while, but the steering and interior just don't really do it for me, and while the X5 has a gorgeous and superbly furnished interior, its overall just not engaging, but very practical. I also looked at a Cayenne E-Hybrid, but not as engaging or pretty as the Macan, no PDK, a higher price, and Ihate the touch buttons, though I did like the idea of getting gas less often. The Macan feels like a jacked hot hatch but with a luxury interior and gorgeous styling and that's why I love it! Its not the most practical, but its just enough for my needs.

Sorry to thread jack op!

Last edited by stein_325i; 04-18-2020 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1136.50