View Single Post
      04-10-2020, 11:36 AM   #6
7thGear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjorn View Post
No you cannot combine them. It is a very common misunderstanding. There are only five modes. Whichever button you pressed last selects the mode. If you are in sport you dont get into sport+ by pressing the dsc button. If you do that you just enter DTC mode (short press) and that gives you normal throttle with sports steering. Long press gives you DSC OFF which is normal throttle with sport+ steering.
The table says differently. Look at it. In both DTC and DSC OFF, steering as well as everything else is always in "basic" or "comfort". There is no such thing as "sport+ steering". The table shows are only two possibilities for steering - basic or sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbjorn View Post
Just drive the car and feel it by yourself. It is super obvious if you slalom a little etc.
I've tried. I cannot detect any difference in steering feel, regardless of what mode I'm in. Maybe it's only obvious at slow speed. I drove 911s on various tracks for 15 years and I think I'm pretty good at feeling a car's dynamics. I'll keep playing and see if I can figure it out. What I really want to see is a BMW engineering document that explains in minute detail how every system in the car acts in every possible driving configuration. Little chance of getting that, though.