View Single Post
      07-13-2018, 03:02 PM   #28
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreAudi View Post
No need to flame the OP. He's asking a legitimate question and given the nature of transactions that occur these days, I don't blame him.

While 20k cash may not seem like a lot of money to some, to others it is. Respect that and give him some tips. Maybe he's 16 years old and hasn't had the same life experience as you.

Here's my advice - if he agrees to your terms in advance but on the day of (or even after you meet in person) wants to change some of the terms, walk away. He may try to do it very casually, like "Hey is it ok if I just give you a personal check from my bank? They said it's [insert bullshit lie here]." It never hurts to have things in writing. Verbal agreements don't mean anything nowadays.

Last minute changes are an immediate red flag and honestly, there are plenty of people out there who can buy your car. Move on and don't deal with the hassle of it. I bought my motorcycle from a shady guy out of LA so I brought my friend who worked LAPD vice (beard, piercings, professional liar). As an added bonus we actually ran the plates on the motorcycle to ensure it was clean, lmao. While you don't have to bring a police officer with you... it never hurts to have a second person there who can watch your back, should you feel uncomfortable going alone.
this. If something seems off, or the buyer is acting weird, get out.

as an added benefit, a lot of times you can call the police department in your town and do the deal on their turf with a witness. ive had friends do this for craigslist deals more than once.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
jaye9441007.00