View Single Post
      07-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #18
zoomzoomers
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si 6MT

5. The prototype seems a lot bigger? Or at least it seemed that way to me and a few others. Oh, by the way, everyone there were Z4 owners. I'd describe it as the Z4 (current) went and grew up and filled out. More like he went from Jr. High to High school but via the football or wrestling team. It just seems very "buff" compared to the current Z. I actually told the interviewers these comments pretty much verbatim.

* The prototype looks like it's been to the gym and put on some muscles.
* Looks like the most aggressive Bimmer to date, including all M's.
* Some how, even though the prototype was stated to be the same overall lenght as the current Z, the car doesn't, I say again does not, have that long hood look and short rear look. Somehow the designers made the car look very proportionate. Gone is that look that you're sitting in the trunk.

6. Pretty much everyone agreed there that they didn't like the fact that the top took up so much room. Forget going to the grocery store with the top down. I think it had the least room, compared to the SLK and Miata, with the top in the trunk.

7. Again, it's definitely not a Z8 replacement. They asked up around 20 questions on who much do we "think" the car should be worth to how much would we pay for it to how much over what the current Z would we think we would pay for it. So, I'm almost certain that it's not anything but the Z4 prototype.

8. The car in look and feel feels so much more refined and luxurious compared to the current Z. The exterior as well as the interior get's the bling treatment pretty much everywhere. The interior felt and looked like it could be at home in a 6 series.

Everyone please take everything I've said with a grain of salt. I'm still very excited about what I saw and am probably injecting too much of my personal likings of the prototype. Still, I would put a deposit for it now if I could. I think that it's that much of a move forward for the car. Something it certainly deserves. Hate to say this, but side by side the prototype made the current Z about as ugly duckling as they could have. It also made the current Z rather cheap looking compared to it. That's all I have for now, but let me know if there's anything else. I hope someone leaks the pic of it soon so all of you guys can see for yourself.

Bruce Lee
Appreciate 0