07-04-2020, 02:26 AM   #4266
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
For those of you that EDC, after being out-and-about, what's the routine when you get home? Wallet, keys, phone, gun, etc. go in the same pile?

Do you unload, decock, etc.? Or does it always stay ready to go with one in the pipe?

I'm assuming that most every holster has the trigger guard/surrounding area fully enclosed to prevent accidental discharge, correct?
I only carry striker fired guns, but I usually unload the gun and remove the chambered round every time I'm at home. I store it bedside holstered, with a full mag but slide locked to the rear. Technically guns at home should NOT be chambered, but YMMV.

We also do this while deployed overseas and never had any issues as described by the other member with the ammo, but again, YMMV.

Also, NEVER use a holster without a trigger guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
For those of you that EDC, after being out-and-about, what's the routine when you get home? Wallet, keys, phone, gun, etc. go in the same pile?

Do you unload, decock, etc.? Or does it always stay ready to go with one in the pipe?

I'm assuming that most every holster has the trigger guard/surrounding area fully enclosed to prevent accidental discharge, correct?
Funny, that you ask this in relation to time of accidental discharge. My uncle, who is a detective, (I'd also like to add that none of my family acknowledges him as family - this is only being done for story sake) arrives home from work last week. His routine is that he carries his service weapon in his shoulder holder until he gets home. Before exiting his car, he places his service weapon in his EDC bag then enters the house. Last week, he goes to remove his service weapon from his shoulder holster and the weapon discharges while he is sitting upright in his car. Entrance wound on left side, just below the holster, exit wound just above left hip, entrance wound top of left thigh, exit wound underside of left leg just below the butt. Two entrance and two exit wounds with a single .45 round. Unsure as to how the weapon discharged aside from general knowledge of trigger being engaged; these details were left out.
Shoulder holsters are the worst holsters to use. Impossible to efficiently draw your gun without muzzling someone, or yourself. We NEVER recommend shoulder holsters to ANYONE.