View Single Post
      10-20-2022, 10:41 AM   #67
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Everything I've been reading indicates wholesale prices have been going down for a while now and inventory is up. I've also read that while retail prices have not changed much, dealers are a lot more willing to negotiate. I don't know if any of that is true as I have not tried buying anything recently.

I do follow some cars on sites like cargurus and many of them have been on the site for 60+ days are have seen several price reductions. That being said I think many dealers are still living under the impression they will get 2021 prices today.

For example I've been looking at the new F150s and the C8 for the past couple of years. Before I could find maybe one or two used one within a 200-300 mile radius. Now I can find many of them. I can also find used F150 under MSRP which before they were selling used ones for more than MSRP. The C8s are still mostly over MSRP but I see prices coming down and inventory going up on used ones.

I think the bubble is bursting and dealers are just sticking their head in the sand for as long as possible.
Appreciate 1
chassis6560.00