06-12-2014, 11:54 PM   #24
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cobra View Post
I assume the z4 n54 motor is just as modable as the 135/335 and should be able to get into the mid 11s in the 1/4 mile (just using that as a benchmark as I know approximately how fast that is) ?

Tune+DCI+DP+Exhaust and possible meth?
For better or worse, yes. As Nick pointed out, the fuel system is the Achilles heel on the N54. On the other hand, all it takes is DPs ($1,000), FMIC ($1,000), Cobb ($850), and filter/intake ($100), to turn it into a very fast car on the street.

Add $3,000 more for a good suspension (KW v3) and an LSD, and the car will essentially have M-car performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cobra View Post
I think manual is what I will want as I will have the auto x5m.
I understand that desire. In that case, I would highly recommend a 35i with the M Sport package. With all due respect to the non-M Sport guys, I think the M Sport front and rear bumpers transform the car. And the M Sport steering wheel feels amazing.

I generally don't like "///M" crap all over non-M cars. Right now I have a 328d loaner from the dealer with M Sport wheels, M Sport steering wheel, etc. and it's just stupid. But on the Z4, especially an FBO Z4, it doesn't seem out of place.
Appreciate 0