timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
I do enjoy watching basketball and always have. I never said anything about Kobe not being a good player - I'm just talking trash about his character. While others are bashing his performance saying he's a ballhog and whatnot, great performance by a suspected rapist just doesn't appeal to me as great performance by a chivalrous role model.

I just find his character quite flawed, analogous to why quite a few folks think Terrel Owens is a bit flawed despite being a good wide receiver. Kobe's egotistic, a suspected rapist, arrogant, and a good basketball player. Period.
That's understandable of course, but you should still watch the game. It was a game of great performance, and really all the ballhogging/selfish talk does not pertain to this game at all. I would pay a lot to be able to own a copy of the game Wilt scored 100 in, afterall, its NBA history. Unfortunately they didn't record the game back then.

A lot of great players are egotistic and arrogant. Greatness and arrogance comes hand in hand, and only a few people are great and yet truely humble. I personally thought Jordan was extremely arrogant and I rooted against him simply because I'm a lakers fan. However, I don't deny how great of a player he is and I don't let the fact that he cheated on his wife play a factor. Morally I think that's very wrong, and personally I never have, and never will cheat on my gf/wife. However, I'm watching him as a basketball player, and that's all.

The game of 81 pts is a moment of greatness in sports history, to have people bring out things that does not pertain to try to defame that accomplishment is just sad.