View Single Post
      07-27-2010, 01:12 AM   #72
JoeyBananaz18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: metrocard

this dispute can go on until abu dabi. i see where trackrat is coming from. there was never a command given by the team over the radio that said "let alonso pass." however given what was said over the radio, it was implied that the team wanted alonso to pass massa. I think that much we can all agree on.

as to why they wanted him up front, I'm surprised many people don't see it the way i'm seeing it. why have massa slow down and block his teammate? if alonso is clearly faster than massa, he should go around and massa should be blocking vettel.

yes i am a ferrari fan. i have a prancing horse flag on my wall over my bed (along with a BMW flag). but im just as big of a massa fan. another guy i work with is a ferrari fan, and he disapproved of everything that happened yesterday. on the contrary, i also work with 2 mclaren fans (one being my boss) and they both thought that it was the right move.
while this is a race and a way to put the drivers under a microscope to see who's fastest, its also a team sport before anything else. either driver winning a driver's championship is highly unlikely, but if they can dominate the next few race weekends the way they did this past, they'll be right on top. i think a constructor's title says alot more the just the DC. thats what i said to my boss at the end of 2008 (just 1 point separating massa and hamilton).
7/18/09- I pick up my baby- 2009 E92 335i Xdrive, Space Gray over Coral Red. Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, M-Sport Pkg, 193Ms, Gloss Black grills, Custom Gloss Black Mirrors, Performance shift and E-brake boot, M3 spoiler, Euro fog switch, gloss black interior tim, Coco-Mats (red/black), H&R coilovers, 19'' Alufelgen SF-71s......
Appreciate 0