View Single Post
      05-06-2021, 10:19 AM   #235
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

So small e9 update. Last Friday I drove it to my house for the first time and gave it a bit of a clean up.

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr

Saturday my dad and I drove it most of the morning to a couple of car shows. It was mainly a drive to see if anything else needed fixing. It ran great but the passenger rear brake felt like it was hanging up, so we put it on the lift to adjust that. While it was up we gave the engine a good steam clean to try to locate some leaks.

We also addressed the seat belt issue. As you can see, the drivers seat belts are just limp strips of nylon that extend from the back seat area. They adjust at the buckle but they are a huge pain.

So my dad located some inertia reel set ups, and built some brackets. Its a pretty slick and reversible option.

They are mounted to the oem mount so they should be as safe as the oem belts. Which I assume were added as an after thought and were not really safe to begin with.

They are much more comfortable and certainly more convenient. Now we just need to come up with some sort of mount or guide that we can attach to the headrest to keep the belts in place. Something removable of course.

Appreciate 4
MmmmmM22588.50
happyjack1657.00
chassis6528.00
wdb4718.00