Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
2017 Audi S6  [0.00]
1997 BMW 328i Touring  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
The Merc and the Porsche are out for me. For the Merc, I just hate Saloon looking SUVs, they make no sense in terms of storage and they just look off to me. The Macan is just meh, they don't excite me, but they sell super well for a reason.

I've been in the Alfa's and man oh man, I fell in love. Both the Giulia and Stelvio are beautiful vehicles, but I see that you said you're worried about reliability. If it's any consolation, I had a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 100k miles and towed with it quite often, no issues whatsoever. I loved that thing, so much in fact that my next vehicle WILL either be an SRT Jeep or an SRT Durango. I have no hesitation to get another one. I think you should consider the SRT Jeeps tbh. They are good inside, albiet not Audi / BMW / Merc levels, but they're also not as expensive. They have a great ACC system, the ZF8 is brilliant, they tow very very well, and do 0-60 in a hair over 4 seconds. Plus that 6.4L V8 sounds wicked.

The new X3's with the S58 are ridiculous in terms of power, and they look SO GOOD. But having never been in one, I just have to base my opinion on the ones I've seen on the road and videos. As for the SQ5, my buddy has one, and I absolutely love that thing too. We put an intake on it, and hearing the supercharger whine when you're hard on the accelerator is awesome. It's the only supercharged SUV in your lineup. The build quality is fantastic, and used ones can be had for quite a steal. It didn't WOW me though in terms of acceleration, it was quick but nothing extremely exciting.
The current SQ5 is turbocharged (with ungodly fake exhaust tips). The previous version was supercharged and at the time IMO the best sporty small SUV for the price. It didn't handle as well as the Macan, but sounded better, had more interior space and was cheaper in similar spec.

Edit. Beaten too it by Joshxxxx
Appreciate 0