View Single Post
      03-31-2021, 06:13 PM   #18
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
AMG have spent 8+ years and billions developing and mastering this powertrain tech, they're the best in the world at it. I think you guys better hang on. I doubt they've done all of that to sell a couple hundred Project Ones.

They have the knowhow to pull an absolute blinder here. By some margin it could be the most exciting and engaging powertrain in the class.

If I'm not mistaken the F1 rev limit increases to 18,000 for next year.

Last time a certain German manufacturer was involved in F1 we got a pretty spectacular engine out of the deal.

You're pissing off Toto.

I can respect your opinion, and clearly you've got some pretty tasty cars... but I disagree. There's no doubt MB are very knowledgeable when it comes to this setup due to their F1 involvement, but just because they're following F1 rules doesn't mean it makes any more enticing to me.

At the end of the day, I'm just not a fan of 4 cylinders in general, so it doesn't matter how fast it is or how high it revs. Unpopular opinion: The S2000 has a higher redline than my Z4M, but I personally prefer the S54's character.

At the end of the day, the performance of the car is not the only thing that matters.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 2
David701567.00
FormulaMMM3662.50