03-30-2021, 10:06 PM   #4
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd34 View Post
The amount of cutting-edge engineering going into these vehicles is staggering. I am sure they will deliver incredible performance.

I feel that MB will heavily use their F1 success to really market these cars hard to try and overcome people's apprehension of the new C63 being a 4 cylinder engine.
I think we enthusiasts overestimate how much people care about the V8. I'd be willing to wager the forthcoming C63 could be the best selling iteration yet. I've heard so many people thinking a 43 or 53 is a real AMG. Somebody at work keeps telling me "isn't my M240 your dream car?" (they think they're driving an M2)

Basically the general public simply values the badge, image, and straight line acceleration (for bragging rights as nobody ever floors these cars).

And yes I don't doubt it will be objectively a great product. Mercedes is king of F1, if they are utilizing that tech this car will be legit. However nobody can spin its rumoured 4500 lb curb weight as something positive to me. It makes the new M3/4 look like a Miata in comparison.
Appreciate 0