07-14-2018, 08:51 PM   #5
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler35is View Post
I popped my lower grille out and did a matte black wrap in that area to hide the white. I put the wrap behind and around the edge where that grille snaps in to hide all the body color.
This is on point. I have the Ikon Motorsport CF front splitter. It is not sold with hardware, nor do they state hardware is included. This should help make a good installation:
  • Set the CF spoiler out in the sun and heat for a few hours and let it warm up. A heat gun or hair dryer will help.
  • Where the front center grill meets the lower center painted part of the bumper, put down black electrical tape from edge to edge. Then run black electrical tape on each end from the grill forward along the edge of the opening. When you slide the CF spoiler on , the center section edge will sit along these three pieces of tape.
  • Now first dry fit the spoiler so you get an understanding of how it fits:
  • When you install the spoiler, make sure the outside edges slide all the way back to the front wheel opening. You'll note the CF spoiler rear edge has a bump-up lip that sits just inside the fender opening.
  • Note the spoiler has holes toward the rear right and left side, with an indent, that correspond to a fender liner screw. Remove that screw from the car on either side. You'll reinstall the screw once the CF spoiler is mounted.
  • You will need to drill holes to screw the spoiler to the bumper. You can use push pins but I highly recommend instead using BMW fender trim screws (p/n 07147129160). These are commonly used on BMW inner fender liners and underbody moldings.
  • Now once you have located the bumper and are comfortable with the install, time to actually do it.
  • Push the spoiler in place. Install the two factory screws back at either indentation toward the rear of the CF spoiler in front of each fender well.
  • Make sure the CF spoiler is pressed all the way on the front center of the bumper.
  • Now drill the holes for the screws. I don't recall if the spoiler comes with screw holes (it's been a while). If not, you will drill so that you go through the plastic bottom side of the bumper. Drill a hole smaller than the screw. If the CF spoiler didn't have holes, do this about every 6-8". Also if the spoiler didn't have holes, once you have drilled the screw hole get a drill bit slightly larger than the screw body, pull the CF spoiler slightly away from the bumper body, and drill the CF splitter holes slightly larger. You want the screw to catch the bumper and pull the CF spoiler to it with the trim washer. If the screw catches both surfaces, it can not pull one side to the other. Screw the CF spoiler on and you are done.

This may not be a perfect description, but it should help.

Filippo

Last edited by fmorelli; 07-17-2018 at 06:50 AM..
Appreciate 1
Tangent297.50