View Single Post
      02-13-2016, 10:51 PM   #79
mremg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: TT RS, NC MX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em135eye View Post
Over here every piece of car media ranks the M135i over the S3 and RS3. Not even top 5? What Car is probably in the top two over here.

Audi cannot make cars that handle well; fact. They can make pretty cars with nice interiors and a sledgehammer of power so they go fast on straight lines.

And their core customer base is FWD diesel cars. Fundamental difference. A base model 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 series handles very well.
A base model A1/2/3/4/5/6/8 handles very badly.

The end.
I don't understand this weird generalization. Not every Audi is terrible at handling and not every BMW is great at handling. I've always found Audi & BMW models to be very close to each other atleast in base model/luxury segments' driving experience. Once you get into performance cars things get a little more nuanced. Most of it comes down to personal choices and intangibles. Also, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on car reviews. If car reviews are gospel, I would be driving a Fiesta ST instead of a Mini Cooper S because almost every car magazine in the US rated the FiST higher than the MCS. Did you ever drive an RS3? If not, I wouldn't be too quick to call it worthless.
Appreciate 0