View Single Post
      01-16-2015, 05:54 PM   #15
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilfinite View Post
Also, sad news. Was rereading an old thread and saw that someone tried 255 tires with ET43 offset that didn't work.

http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showpost...82&postcount=6

He hit the shock so much that he believes ET35 wouldn't work. I personally believe it would after plugging in the configuration to tire and wheel calculator but its another data point. But I won't be the one to figure out if it works or not unfortunately due to SCCA rules.

I was rereading the SCCA rules and forgot that in street class I can't get a wider wheel than stock. So I'm going to make due with the stock setup and do 8" wheels square on 215/45/17 tires. With AX, it's best to match wheel width with thread width. 8" = 203mm. There aren't any good tires in 205/50/17 or 205/45/18 so I'm going to go with 215 tires.
Why are you going that narrow? 205 wide is narrow that what I would want to run for winter tires

How about just using stock 18" wheels and go with tires that are 235 front and 265 rear in width? That will work for sure and be compliant for the stock class rules.

EDIT: drew do you have camber plates / what are your front camber settings and wheel offset?
Appreciate 0