View Single Post
      04-09-2020, 04:19 PM   #86
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
I don't know if it is the same in East Tennessee, but in Middle Tennessee a garden hose is called a "hose pipe", and the word specific is often replaced with "pacific". When I moved here 20 years ago I was a little confused by those and many other incorrectly used words and phrases. Still hear new ones occasionally that leave me scratching my head.
Three weeks later, I notice this post. My bad.

I've had many dealings with Middle TN. I spent a lot of time there as a regional manager. Store in Bellevue, Brentwood, and Elliston Place in Nashville. Also had stores in Lebanon and Spring Hill, my corporate apartment was in Columbia. I did hear "pacific" quite a bit there. "Hose pipe" is a new one to me. Over here, I fight to bite my tongue over "these-uns", "yonder", "fixin' to" & "havin' to."

The "woman" that I share an office with rapes the word "actually" all the day long. She starts every sentence with it. Drives me insane. She also loves the word intellectual but pronounces it inter-lek-shul. Ugh.
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00