07-24-2007, 05:15 PM   #72
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisG35 View Post
absolutely. I feel sad for soldiers who think they're fighting for one thing, but in reality they're tools in hands of gov't to achieve another goal that soldiers probably do not care for.

Your fight should have been with alqaida (sp?) but now you find yourself in a country with no relation to that AND as a result you ended up spreading alqaida like cancer ALL around the world!
Do you have any experience dealing with soldiers? They know exactly who and for what they are fighting.

Al Qaeda is in Iraq. The source for most , if not all, of the mass casualty attacks against civilians is al Qaeda. Whether they were there before the war (they were) is irrelevant to whether or not we should fight them there now. Even if you want to say that al Qaeda is only in Iraq because we are, does that mean it should not be engaged there?

The big flaw in your thinking is your assumption that an organization like al Qaeda only reacts to our actions. They exist and attack us to accomplish there own ends not only to disrupt ours. Do yourself a favor and read what bin Laden and his subordinates say their objectives are and see if you could accept a world where the US was not an impediment to their attaining those objectives. They have said that Iraq is the central front in their war with us? Would you really want to abandon that front? Especially now when we are making gains with those in Iraq who once accepted them in their neighborhoods?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0