05-19-2022, 12:10 PM   #58
kring
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 M550i Dinan S1, 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
We don't know what Light is? It's photons. We know a ton about light aka photons. Including that it has no mass, and therefore its speed is the fastest in the known universe as other matter has mass and therefore slowed down.
Gravity we don't know whether there is a particle/force that is responsible for it's effect, but we believe there probably is but we cannot isolate it at this point as we think we cannot make sufficient energy to produce the particle.
Dark energy and dark matter are generally unknowns but we are very confident they exist but as they do not interact with normal matter, they only interact with "gravity" so we cannot know many of of its other features
Time - that one's tough but if you know about the theory of general relativity it is affected by mass, gravity, etc.
All those are our current best guess explanation and ideas that we are grounding ourselves in... but likely all incorrect because they do a bad job of explaining many scenarios of each. it's simply our best guess.

for example, the most common is light is made of photons - well likely not actually. That's only how we like to explain it... it's more probable light is an electromagnetic wave traveling like a ripple in a pond across dark mater/energy and not a particle that gets shot out which hits your eye or a wall to see it. photon's pretty much fail to explain nearly everything about the behavior of light and energy. I'd bet all my money photon's are not light. that's a bet I'd take on any day. though since we can't prove any of it there's no one to take that bet We can speed up, slow down, bend light. we can transform it, it's influenced by gravity but not other factors such as time and distance... it can pass through some things and not others... that's not a particle or photon.... makes no sense if you look at lights behaviors.

I think we're at a stage in science where we can methodically start to figure some stuff out, we are beginning to see we are wrong on some of the really really basics and in order to find the answer we need more information (outside earth) and let go of our bad assumptions that hold us back, it's just hard because it changes a lot of what we think we know.

Last edited by kring; 05-19-2022 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0