View Single Post
      05-19-2022, 10:12 AM   #46
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kring View Post
First off - I love cars & guitars... I'm a strat guy and I got my daughter a PRS and it's extremely impressive... Gibsons, Tele's and larger bodies just are not comfortable. you?

but I digress; not to make a long topic here or get far off. but it is very very simply provable with science. it starts with things like bacteria and how they morph, then you can trace lineage of animals (sure there are some gap periods) but you can see in that lineage both visually and through DNA the traceability of evolution. you can see the forking in specie tree's based on environmental conditions.. all FACT and easily reproducible science without using any assumptions or guesses.

a mammal isn't a real thing, it's a classification made by humans. a whale doesn't know it's a mammal and it's not a mammal by any standard other than human language & thought.

Short-neck giraffes are zebra, horses or other life forms... all short-neck giraffes died as part of evolution because they couldn't reach the food that was high in the tree... that's evolution.. those that can't eat, die, those that can, live on. those that learn to climb a tree live longer than those that can't. it really is super-simple and fully explainable.
I'm more into Teles / Les Pauls but damn they are too heavy. Lately its been all acoustic though. Yes, even inexpensive PRS are solid instruments!

I realize mammal is a man-made classification, but so is anything else described with language. I should not have digressed into the stereotypical short necked giraffe thing, and no I have no expertise in how evolution progresses (or doesn't).

My real fascination is with intelligent design and the wonderment of how so many different replicable patterns and functions within and across species came to be.