05-08-2021, 05:15 PM   #51
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
According to my muffler guy? It's a Russian crime ring operating in a few states. In CO, as a muffler guy, he has to account for every cat installed. He said that if he takes one to a junkyard, he has to show a picture ID, give contact information and have video taken of him while that information is held for 90 days.

But, the Bad Guys steal the cats and take them to OK, since apparently there's no problem with them selling them there. (Thanks, Oklahoma!)

I got the truck fixed-- $1800 and that was a "good deal". Just think of the amount of car parts I could have had for that! Sigh.
I am truly sorry to hear you were a victim of a crime. But just curious why you did not make an insurance claim.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0