View Single Post
      02-21-2023, 04:00 PM   #55
ray7792
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 35is

No new information to share but did end up installing the e92 M3 front control arms on my z4 other day.
OEM arms bushings and whatnot was wornout on passenger side after 50K miles so upgraded to M3 arms like everyone else here lol

Got this kit from FCP Euro:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...e9xm34piecekit

Recommened to replace these as well:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...s3-31106767496

Everything was pretty straight forward but if I had to give some tips that would've helped me personally it is:
  • Use a filer to shave off some of the metal on the car body so the wishbone fits in a little easier. You'll still need a rubber hammer and some kind of punch but filing it down a little helped soooooo much.
  • The steering rack cover gets in the way when removing the bolt from the wishbone, I ended up having to turn wheel all the way towards the side you're working on so the steering rack cover thing is fully expanded, they'll give you some leeway to get the bolt out.
  • You don't have to touch the wheel well fender liner, just remove the under tray cover to gain access to the tension strut bolts
  • The 21mm nuts torque is 129 ft-pounds
    Counterhold T40, after a certain point you don't need the counterhold so don't risk breaking it.
  • The 18mm bolt/nuts torque if it says 8.8 on the bolt is 50 ft-lbs + 90 degrees
    if your 18mm bolt says 10.9 its about 73 ft-lb + 90 degress turn
  • For the auto light sensor, I just used metal zip ties to secure it, felt a little safer with those than regular zip ties.

Car will feel really unstable and weird right after installation but once you get an alignment, its a really great upgrade. Hard to say if its just replacing the worn arms with something new and better alignment but overall wow huge improvement. Definitely worth it.

Passenger side with the light sensor bracket held together with a mess of metal zip ties lol

Driver side with the hole thats supposed to be for the leveling light but obviously its pointless on these cars
Appreciate 0