chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
Just a quick update on this.

I lost 19.6 lbs in 41 days and that was enough, so I stopped there.

I want to add that I did read a few things during my process that I tried out and they really helped a lot.

The first was about eating events, or times you eat. Every time you eat you spike insulin, which is a storage hormone. So if you eat 6 doughnuts in 2 hour increments you'll have a 12 hour eating window and 6 eating events.

If you eat the SAME 6 doughnuts in 2 increments 4 hours apart you'll necessarily gain less weight because your insulin spikes twice instead of 6 times.

In addition to that, if you take a 10 minute walk directly after eating your insulin doesn't spike at all.

So here is the combination:

Eat/walk
wait 2 hours/eat/walk
wait 2 hours/eat/walk
Done
Drink nothing but water until the next time you eat/walk

That's a 6 hour window with no insulin spikes, quite enough food, and a good walking base.

Which is the other thing I learned; walking.

You think that 20K steps a day isn't going to do anything, but it does. Not even brisk walking, just medium pace walking.

Anyway, I stopped my hardcore weight-loss program 2 months ago and I haven't gained an ounce back.

8-10 hour eating window
3-5 eating events max
walk 10 minutes after most meals
15K steps a day
20 minute medium weight workout every day (with the odd exception)
Eat whatever the hell I want

They say you can't outwork a bad diet, but they're wrong, it all depends on you what your starting fitness level is, how you maintain it, what you eat, when you eat it, how much of it you eat, etc. In short, it's different for every person. I outwork a bad diet every single day, feel, and look good.
Congrats on the success! Is there more to read (links) on the ideas noted above?
Appreciate 0