View Single Post
      04-09-2022, 11:32 AM   #430
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I have always yo-yo'd with my weight my entire life. I'm 5'8 and at one point 20yrs ago I weighed 240. I was a fat fuck. I was able to get down to 200 easily, but still overweight and then got Type2 diabetes. Four and a half years ago I worked with a weight loss doctor, using HCG, and lost 42lbs. However I was miserable and he stopped the HCG after three weeks. I got down to 168lbs and stayed there until covid. I was forced to stay home for three months and started all of my bad eating habits again and gained 20lbs in six months. This past December my A1C was at 10.4 and I was going to need to get on insulin so I had to make immediate changes. I started on the Optavia 5&1 and I'm now down to 168lbs again and feel great. My A1c is now 6.8 and I stopped two of my medications. I like eating the "fuelings" every two hours, and my one home meal is healthy and filling. I'm starting on the next stage which is two meals and four fuelings during the day.

The amazing thing is I'm not hungry on an 800-1000cal/day diet. I drink approx 100oz of water a day too. It's not a carb free diet either. I've tried Keto and I feel like crap.

I don't exercise, but I will start walking and bike riding once I increase my calorie intake to around 2000-2200/day when I'm eating three full meals.

The key to success is making the right decisions when you feel like snacking. Instead of eating some of my kids junk food, I'll measure out two to three ounces of chicken breast and eat that with some romaine lettuce. It's filling, has protein, and I'll burn it off it my sleep.
overcoil3073.50