03-21-2022, 01:53 PM   #417
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalJake View Post
Not trying to get into a pi$$ing match with you, just trying to make ppl (not necessarily you) understand that there's a lot more to it than just doling out a specific caloric amount of "something" and ingesting it whenever you want.
Looking back I definitely came off harsh, just was a little taken back by the response given. I apologize for that. Agree that there is a lot more to counting calories and fitness in general. A lot look for the easiest fix, and the easiest fix for one can produce little results for another. It really takes trial and error through years to understand exactly what the best methodology could be for a single person. I remember my first 3-4yrs working out, the amount I spent on supplements looking for an easy fix to loose weight was staggering. After about 5yrs in I found out that supplements are really not needed at all. Proper diet should give you all the tools you need. This is about the time I really saw results taking myself from 230 to 180 over a span of maybe 1.5yrs - could I have done it quicker? Maybe, but you sacrifice a lot in doing so. Meaning if I wanted to keep muscle mass, you need to go about the process slowly. If I didn't care about muscle mass, then you can just put yourself in a deficit for a long period of time, but you're going to loose that mass quite quickly.

Long story short - you don't need supplements - diet, sleep, and exercise are the most important aspects of the process - Diet and exercise should be tailored to meet your goal - Understanding of diet that works for you takes a while, but it is 70% of the battle - I equate sleep to 15% and exercise to 15%
Appreciate 0