03-16-2022, 01:12 PM   #412
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalJake View Post
Notice that says estimates, that means it's not "yours". It still doesn't tell you anything about how your metabolism works. You can't just account for energy in food if you don't take into account hormonal responses to different substrates and at differing intervals. We process carbs, fats and protiens, all in different ways at different times, we don't have any "calorie receptors".

Thx, but I'm 22 BMI now, was once 30+, and I'm old. I've counted a lot of "calories" in my day, all of them when I was fat, none since.
Haha I read part of your post and just slung out a message, no shit it's an estimate. There is no single right way to loose weight because everyone is different. Congrats on your 22 BMI brag? Not sure what you're trying to prove there. I've never counted my calories, I don't necessarily agree with doing so. Heck I can loose weight on whiskey and eggs which seems to happen quite frequently, not going to recommend that to anyone though - that is the point of a deficit though.

Notice what I said at the end of my post.... modify based on results once applied. Now, let's all brain storm on what I could've meant with that sentence.... Oh yeah, that you need to track your own progress and tailor your diet accordingly.

Please continue to have fun reading online about how to lose weight - it isn't rocket science.

Last edited by JP10; 03-16-2022 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
Chapperss492.00