View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 01:33 AM   #32
MagicVioletZ1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 1991 BMW Z1, Ferrari 355,SL600

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1981 View Post
So after months of planning I finally completed part 1,2, and 3 for my Spring17 mods. I know some my choices may not be for everyone, but I personally could not be happier.

So on with the review.

PB BRAKES:
The good:

Great high quality product. The fit and finish was spectacular with great attention to detail, for example the coating used on the steel braided brake lines are top notch. It was an extra step that didn't need to be done.

I am very happy with the color, especially against the Satin Hyper Bronze.

Dan from PB was fantastic to work with. Quick replies to all my questions, and fast shipping. The kit came in 3, well packed boxes. The quality boxes, the instructions were all top notch.

The bad: The e89 is more the culprit here rather than the brake kit. The e-brake install was very difficult due to very tight space, and interference with lines. One bad for PB would be that they should have labeled the brake motors, and brackets for each side. There was only a product #, but now way to know which side the component for. This ate up a lot of time due to test fitting, and redoing.

Overall: I love the look, and they feel great. While the brakes have been bedded I still want to ease into pushing them hard. I would definitely recommend.

BRAKE DECAL: David at VIPvinlyworks aka StrictlyGZ was great to work with. I paid $40 for 8 decals. They were great quality and easy to apply.

WHEELS:
I was originally planning on selling all my wheels to pickup a set of Work CR2P w/ stepped lips, but unfortunately 2 of my winter wheels cracked and I had no choice but to keep my current summer wheels.

Since I had to keep my wheels I decided refinish and update. Since I was going with a lime brake caliper I wanted to have a dark finish, with some POP to bring out the Forgestar design. I worked with WheelFixit to come up with a custom color, which we're calling Satin Hyper Bronze. Its really amazing in person. So many different shades and tones depending on lighting, and angle you look at it. I think it pairs nicely with Deep Sea Blue which has the same character. And then you get the lime pop from the brakes, it all just comes together.

Anyways enjoy the pics of my dirty car and wheels. I'll hope to take some better pics once we get through this crappy NY weather.

Oh last thing.

My stock35is brakes are up for FREE. They just need new pads for front, and refinished rotors. Rears were just replaced under warranty a few months ago. Local pickup preferred.

I also want to sell my winter wheels which would be 2 fronts w/ tires. 2 semi new rear wheels, no tires in M3 fitment. 4 tpms, 1 rear wheel w/ tire. All for $400 obo. Local pickup preferred.
What brand of wheels are your silver wheels and what sizes were you using front and rear? How did you like them?
Appreciate 0