05-22-2020, 10:42 AM   #27555
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
My wife and I went to a garden centre yesterday and were met at the entrance and asked to put our masks on by a woman wearing a mask. We replied that we don't have one and were given a dirty look and let in just the same. As we walked around I watched this same woman pull her mask down and over her throat. She then proceeded to stock some shelves., she had a list of some sort on a piece of paper that she kept moving from her hand to her mouth as she was checking it I assume to make sure the right product went on the right shelf.

I later saw her at the check out, mask still over her throat and she was licker her fingers to give traction on the customer reciepts she was handing out.

The whole mask and glove thing is pretty funny given that people have no clue how to use them or wear them or what they are intended for. The fact is unless it is used correctly it's a false sense of security and may actually open folks up for more exposure.
It doesn’t really matter if someone gets themselves sick by being stupid. To me, the point of the mask is to mitigate the damage to others when a wearer coughs or sneezes around someone else. It really isn’t going to protect the wearer that much if someone else without a mask coughs or sneezes near them.

In your example, her stupidity of putting things in her mouth is incremental to her ignorance of how to use the mask. Sounds like she was just a moron.
Murf99314116.00
MKSixer34190.50