05-12-2021, 06:32 AM   #20
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I think I may be in a similar situation soon. Suppose to close on house next month, made cash offer because everything else was basically being rejected. Going to refinance after closing to get some of that cash back. I'm assuming that's a cash out refinance?

I contacted several banks and lenders and it was a huge pita being self employed. I only found one lender that would work with me and pre-approved me for up to like $400k. Luckily we found a much more affordable home so I won't be needing all that but the process has really been pretty crappy because I'm self employed.

It's funny because back when I bought our current home I also owned a condo and was making significantly less than I make being self employed, however I had no issues getting a mortgage then.
I’m self employed and just closed a couple of weeks ago on a refinance of our primary home in FL with an internet lender who will end up selling the loan (Sebonic / Cardinal). Not too big of a deal, other than some inefficiencies on their end, but nothing too bad. I was on a parallel track with the same company to refinance a vacation home in NC (so different team) and that was a mess. Constant requests for documentation and dumb questions that told me they didn’t know what they were doing. It was taking so long and then they started asking for documents I already provided so I pulled the plug on it. They seemed to outsource the info gathering to international markets. Fortunately, there was no appraisal so no lost money by pulling the plug.