05-11-2021, 12:47 PM   #224
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer 2019 View Post
I don't know if you are a vet or a newb to this drive, but 4-4.5hr from Ft. Lauderdale sounds a bit optimistic to me. Especially heading into a weekend. Everybody and their second cousin twice removed is heading into the Keys on a Friday, and lots of them are driving motorhomes, and/or towing boats. It is frequently a long slow parade. It might be prudent to allow some extra time, like a couple of hours, especially if you are committed to arriving at a certain time. Best of luck to the happy couple, and stay away from the lionfish.
Hahaha, definitely not my 1st time down fortunately. I'm headed down Thurs. around noon, so shouldn't have insane traffic. Otherwise, yeah you're totally spot on.

I live for the spots where the passing lane opens up to increase my time lol. Looking right now, it says it'll take exactly 4hrs to get down there. I bet I can knock off a good amount of time, but once you hit that single lane, who knows?
Appreciate 0