vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Good luck with the plans! If you make moves on that property, keep us posted on the adventure, the process, etc. That 20 minutes to civilization would be a killer for me. I swear, every project I do takes at least 35 trips to the hardware store, so close access is a must.
Our current neighbor on one side is almost 7,000 acres of state forest, with hundreds of acres of undeveloped wooded county parkland on two other sides. There's two supermarkets within a 5 minute drive, but its 10-15 miles to all of the big box stores. We live about 1.5 hours NW of NYC, so traveling to civilization from this new lot isn't much different than our current situation. My DW and I were passing through SC last month on a road trip, and spent an hour poking around that area. It was still livable for us compared with our current location.

Anyway, I picked up the dead tree edition of a barndominium planning/construction book over the holidays. There was one thing in it that I highlighted as a surprise for my plans, but I can't recall what it was off the top of my head. It may have been in construction loans, and also apply to your situation. I'll dig it up later, when I have some free time.....