View Single Post
      11-16-2020, 11:42 AM   #8
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
That’s clean! What kind of wood is that? Were the extrusions powder coated? Interested to see what you’ll put over it.

My rear seats (well second row, deleted third row) split 50/50. Plan is to remove one half and build a 50% drawer behind the seat I keep. Your picture has reignited that plan.

For me, last things I made were overhead storage shelves in the garage (with built in light) over the work bench I also made.

I just made my 80 Series stop leaking and purr like a kitten with about 16 hours in the garage this weekend. Does that count?
Thanks! The drawer is just cabinet grade Baltic Birch. Comes in a 5x5 sheet. We used it exclusively when I worked in a cabinet shop as it's much higher quality than the standard 4x8 sheets you typically get at the local home improvement store.

The frame is anodized aluminum. Ordered from these guys as I found their site to be really well laid out with lots of instructional videos and ideas: https://8020.net/product-basics That said, it's NOT cheap. You can find this stuff for less through Amazon and such. But being totally new to it I don't want to fuss with not being sure all the parts would fit so I just sucked it up and ordered from 8020. One thing I really liked is the precision. Everything is bang-on perfect from length, to perfect right angles on cuts. I spent about 5 hours planning it out and shopping and about an hour assembling, which is the exact opposite of how I usually roll when using wood or fabricating metal where I just buy a crap ton of material and see where the project takes me.

Digging those overhead shelves! I need to make some myself.

"80 series" as in Landcruiser?!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00