05-15-2015, 01:21 AM   #56
nuebbes
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i e89 + 125i e88

Quote:
Originally Posted by VailM3 View Post
Thanks I just realised Euro 35iS are 343 and those others are 340, thus yes need the 370. Thanks again.
No problem mate. They even have 348 mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarZ4 View Post
Would the base 335i F30 caliper (the ones that come with the 340mm rotors) be PnP with a M-Sport rotor (370mm) as the calipers are interchangeable? Or would there be other parts I need to buy to make them work?

Seems like purchasing the 335i stock caliper and buying the M-performance rotor stand alone would be a better deal. That, and you get your choice of color when having it powder coated.
Please see my post #32 - there I already mentioned the correct p/n's for the brakes.

And no, the caliper for the 340 mm disc is not p'n'p with the 370 mm disc. There is no spacer bracket available.
The best deal for you is to buy the complete 370 mm kit.

If you want to powder coat the calipers, you have to disassemble the complete calipers anyhow (incl. pistons ect). Sand blasting must be done for all calipers as well - so you have the choice of color also for the 370 mm calipers.

You can also paint the calipers with heat resistant paint - the OEM calipers are also just paint coated. So you just need color which resists min. 280°C.
By using paint coating you can also tape the pistons and you do not have to disassemble the complete calipers (although the complete disassembly would be the more quality way to go also for paint coating).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
I would think that you would need a different bracket at a minimum in order to space the caliper enough to clamp the bigger disc. But it would not also surprise me if the piston sizes on the brakes are different. Generally speaking a bigger disc needs a smaller piston in order to maintain the same braking force as a smaller disc.
Correct regarding the calipers/ discs with the spacer.

I think the pistons should be identical because the repair/ sealant kit for the calipers are always the same as from 114d to M4 and even i8 (P/N 34116850935).

Please explain your theory regarding the smaller pistons at bigger discs more in detail.

The i8-brake could perhaps also fit to the Z4:
Rotors: 340 x 29 mm: 34116858623
4-piston-calipers (black&blue painted): 34116868231 + ...2
Brake pads: 34106866072
Appreciate 0