View Single Post
      02-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #95
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

mkoesel,

you are right and thanks for your clarification. I do love the motors in my X5 and Z4 - both strong and efficient. the diesel is probably the most impressive motor BMW makes and I would consider buying all future BMWs with diesel motors if we had more options here in the US. however, I lament not having the N/A I6 at 255hp in my wife's Z4. Yes, the modified Z4 we have will out run almost anything and easily keep up with more expensive and powerful cars, but it does lack the instant, buttery power of the N/A I6. living with the Z now for a year and a half tells me we probably should have bought a loaded out 30i Z4 with MT. in the end, not that big of a deal as things in life are always changing and the 35i is awesome if it proves to be reliable, BUT DO WE HAVE TO TURBO EVERY DARN MOTOR BMW MAKES? let Ford do that

excuse me, but putting tubochargers on every car in the world will not save the earth from the existing 7 billion humans and our wicked consuming ways. it will however, depress me as we continue to 8 billion humans over the next 10-15 years or so.
Appreciate 0