View Single Post
      12-27-2020, 12:20 PM   #18
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Wow, I hear you on that one! Our 20 year old clothes washer went belly up, so we decided to replace both the washer and same-age dryer. Then the next day, our dishwasher went tits-up! Same thing: we had to buy a high-end dishwasher, plus not the color we wanted simply because there isn't much available. Take it or leave it!

Beyond that, our new appliances are super-quiet compared to the old ones.
So we moved into our new home 2 months ago. We knew we'd have to replace the stove as it is 16 years old and the only appliance that hasn't been updated. What we didn't realize was that it has a downdraft vent feature built in, it is LP gas and on our island. I have no room to put in an above stove range hood and there is literally no stoves with built in downdraft that are gas, I don't have 220V on the island and it would be very difficult and expensive to rewire it so now I have to buy and install a downdraft vent system as well as the stove. My wife loves to cook, we had a 36" Wolf in the last place and want to do that again but with the downdraft we are looking at $15K all in. Almost every other stove on the market has a digital component that I want to avoid, I don't for the life of me know why anyone needs a Wifi/Siri equipped stove. Anyway, we are heading out to look at a few options but I suspect we will end up going either 30 or 36'' Wolf.

Merry Christmas to me.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1615402.50
M_Six17031.50
nyalpine907434.50