BMWZ4RIDER
BMWZ4Rider
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Agreed. Be nice to your SA!

By the way, what do you guys think about bringing things up proactively? When my car is in for service (tires, oil, etc) I bring up things like noisy roof so that it gets looked at and documented. My sense if you have a paper trail stretching well into the warranty period that it is better for you.

Thoughts?
+1 On asking the SA to make note of any issues experienced with the Z (or any car) and having it recorded and on record is something I do practice. I did it with the rear tail lights and based upon my request to review this issue and actually showing and using this forums documentation of all the failure examples, which I showed to my Dealer and service manager, they replaced my taillights.

My next visit will definitely bring up this thread and issue and ask the service dept to take a look at the hydrolic hoses of the top.
2009 BMW Z4 35i/SMG/DCT/Premium,Cold, Sound PK/Com Acc/Ash/PDC/Wind Deflector/Smoked Reflectors/Red Calipers/Cl Mask/M Series Grill/6000K LED's/De-Badged/M Pedals/CF Mirrors-Engine Cover/Stubby/20% Tint/H8 LED's/LCI Side Markers/Sniper Sprint Spoiler/VMR V710/H&R Sport Springs/KN.
Appreciate 0